Friday, September 23, 2011

And we're waiting...

on our I-800.  This is basically getting the U.S to approve of our match with our little girl.  (LOA comes from China.)  If it comes by Sept 30th I'll be tickled.  I would love to just be average this time around waiting on paperwork.  Early would be lovely, don't get me wrong.  I'm just shooting for normal. 

I have no exciting news to share.  I did count up the averages for the next steps which would put us at an estimated travel approval on November 18th.  That is really pushing it for any kind of realistic expectations of traveling in November, as we'd have to get our consulate appt pretty quickly.  It all still feels like pie in the sky to me now, after waiting 4 months on our LOA. 

We've sent 2 albums to our Jada, and oh I pray they let her see them...let her see us!  I am working on a CD to send now, and I need to buy more stickers to send.  Hope has several pictures ready to send her sister.  She wishes it only cost $1 to fly to China, then she would get to go too! 

I just read Shanghai Girls, by Lisa See.  It is laced with such drama and heartache, based on true accounts of life for the Chinese people in the 1930's, 40's & 50's.  No matter where they lived, China or the U.S., they lived with constant fear!  I love the historical fiction though.  You can learn so much that way.

I will finally go to bed now, my sweet Jada.  It's these late hours that I get a chance to just think about you and pray for you.  Jesus, please let her know she is loved.  Please prepare her heart for us, and for You.  In Jesus' Name, Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment